These modular machines are expandable and reliable, providing exceptional consistency at high speeds. With an impressive output of up to 50 finished packages per minute and flexible configuration our entry level machines can be adapted to suit any application. Providing you with fast payback on your machine.
Linkx Shrink Wrap Machines can be either semi-automatic which require manual loading, or can form part of a fully automatic end of the line packing system. The machines can be designed as standalone units to wrap products manually loaded into trays and hand fed. Or, in the case of the fully automatic version, to be fitted with an automatic collating system to handle unsupported products.
Combining the shrink wrap machine with a Linkx tray erector and loading system, or Linkx tray wraparound system, will give you a fully automatic, shelf-ready packaging solution. Add on a Linkx palletiser and an automatic stretch wrapper and you have a complete end of line system. Products on at one end, full transit ready pallets at the other.
Optimize, Upgrade, Benefit.
The Shrink Wrap machines are UK designed and built for 24/7 operation in compact areas. The entry level machines can run trayed and stable unsupported products, cartons, bags, bottles, aerosols and tubs to name but a few. Upgrade to a fully automatic machine with collators to suit the product to be run, feed the product to us on a conveyor and the machine will do the rest. The entry level machines are pneumatic but can be upgraded to full servo systems for increased control, speed and flexibility with automatic size changing if required.
The servo systems can be adapted to run both shrink and stretch film. With a simple flick of a switch you can go from a shrink wrapped bulls eye sleeve, to a stretch wrapped bundle thereby reducing heat consumption. Either way, the shrink tunnels are highly efficient with electronic temperature and speed control to ensure a good quality wrap every time.
Automatic film splice can be added within either a space saving system, or a new easy thread option with retractable cradle rollers. Other options are generally product specific and may include, indexing units, race tracks, scrolls, star wheels, tierers, dividers, water cooled guides, pack coolers, extended tunnels and aerosol safety specifications.
The modular machine design can also be configured to run fully enclosed wraps with side sealed ends, as the Binders style shrink wrapper, or as bags either shrink wrapped or simply film over wrapped as a weather proof protective bag for B2C dispatch systems. The bagging option can be batch or random size fed to suit your specific requirements.
Features & Benefits
- Compact Design
- Easy access for operational and engineering functions
- Flexible, expandable and adaptable for multiple product variants and collation sizes
- Automatic collation systems for unsupported products
- Fully integrated systems with tray erectors, loaders and palletisers from one source, all designed and manufactured in the UK
- Integrated software solutions with data management and Ethernet connectivity for remote diagnostics
- Shrink and Stretch wrap options on the same machine, for shrink wrap bulls eye presentation or just low energy transit stretch wrapping
- Product tear strip for easy opening
- Double insulated shrink tunnel for maximum heat retention
- Easy menu driven controls for product selection, maintenance and fault finding purposes
- UK engineering support.
- Sealing jaw widths from 500 to 1000 mm
- Cycle speed up to 30 wrapped bundles per minute, upgradable to box motion for increased throughput.
- Entry level machines are pneumatic, upgradable to full servo drive systems
- Temperature controlled sealing jaw with reversible Teflon sealing tips
- Positive product drive through film web
- Driven film feed rollers for optimum film usage and tension
- Product support clamp during sealing cycle to optimize bag tightness
- Low energy, twin fan shrink tunnel with variable speed, mesh conveyor.
- Acrylic guard doors for optimum visibility and unimpeded access
- Rockwell(Allen Bradley) or Siemens control systems
- Touchscreen operator interface with management information and Ethernet connectivity for remote diagnostics.
- Emergency stops and safety circuitry
- Fully CE marked by UK manufacturer
Matrix Collator & Shrink Wrapper
The innovative Matrix machine can now produce a consistent output of up to 300 cartons per minute; that’s up to 60% more than any conventional machine in the market.
With cutting edge side-feed collating and consistently fast shrink wrapping capabilities, this machine is ideally suited for use in today’s high-volume production environments.
Speed, Precision, Efficiency
The key to the exceptional performance of the Matrix machines is a bespoke control system which incorporates a powerful programmable controller, a precision ten-axis servo system and energy-efficient variable speed drives. Linkx Systems has configured the servo system to operate as an electronic cam, which allows stresses on the cartons to be minimized, and which also facilitates rapid product changeovers that minimize machine downtime.
Changeability to Save you Money
A high output is by no means all that the innovative Matrix machines have to offer. These machines can handle any cartoned products from frozen to chilled or ambient-temperature products, whilst providing multi-size collation capabilities. Equipped with fast, repeatable, one-touch size changing, only one Matrix machine is needed in many applications to handle the work which would normally require two machines of conventional design. The result is big savings in cost and in valuable factory floor space.
Usability made Easy
Using the Matrix machines is straightforward and convenient thanks to the provision of a colour touch-screen operator interface. This makes it easy for users to create product, batch and volume “recipes” which can then be selected simply by touching the screen. The interface also provides fast and easy access to current and historical production data, and to the machine’s powerful diagnostic functions. With password protection integrated into the HMI, the prevention of any tampering from un-trained sources is dealt with and only those with access to a login code can reach such data.
Features & Benefits
- Operator and Engineer friendly
- Reduced downtime for size and film changes
- Faster set up times
- Suitable for all production environments
- Full UK service/ breakdown service
- Table top design
- Clear guard panels
- Easy to lace, film feed
- Touch screen control
- Robust construction
- UK design & built
- Machine Speed: Up to 300 cartons per minute
- HMI Panel with touch screen for ‘recipe information system’
- 12mm acrylic guard panels
- Network compatible for diagnostics
- PLC control
- Servo actuation on star wheel collator and sealing
- Easy & quick size changes
- Metered film Drive System which reduces film use and decreases waste
- Twin Fan Shrink Tunnel – Low energy usage
Shrink Wrapper model range at a glance
|Model||Speed/min||Feed||Max Fim Size||Max Product Height||Technology|
|RP500||up to 22||Right Angle||Width + 2/3 Height < 450mm||300mm||Pneumatic|
|RP750||up to 22||Right Angle||Width + 2/3 Height < 700mm||300mm||Pneumatic|
|RP1000||up to 22||Right Angle||Width + 2/3 Height < 950mm||300mm||Pneumatic|
|LP500||up to 22||Inline||Width + 2/3 Height < 450mm||300mm||Pneumatic|
|LP750||up to 22||Inline||Width + 2/3 Height < 700mm||300mm||Pneumatic|
|LP1000||up to 22||Inline||Width + 2/3 Height < 950mm||300mm||Pneumatic|
|RS500||up to 30||Right Angle||Width + 2/3 Height < 450mm||300mm||Servo|
|RS750||up to 30||Right Angle||Width + 2/3 Height < 700mm||300mm||Servo|
|RS1000||up to 30||Right Angle||Width + 2/3 Height < 950mm||300mm||Servo|
|LS500||up to 30||Inline||Width + 2/3 Height < 450mm||300mm||Servo|
|LS750||up to 30||Inline||Width + 2/3 Height < 700mm||300mm||Servo|
|LS1000||up to 30||Inline||Width + 2/3 Height < 950mm||300mm||Servo|
|MATRIX||up to 30||Inline||Width + 2/3 Height < 600mm||300mm||Servo|
|SR750||up to 50||Inline||Width + 2/3 Height < 700mm||300mm||Servo|